- Challenge: Design an onboarding process for an app that likes your friends’ social media posts for you
- Difficulty level: Hard
- Time to solve the challenge: 15 minutes
- My approach: Made notes of the features I wanted the app to have, had a look online on other similar apps, paper sketched the screens
- Assumption: Here I’ve assumed that it’s an app that will help you like posts of your friends from Facebook and Instagram and you can schedule the frequency of likes per day, the type of posts under Settings.
- This reminded me of the apps that lets users schedule when to auto-post on their social media accounts. Examples include HootSuite, Buffer, Mentionlytics. Entire list shared here.
- I also found and read an article that covered “This Bot Auto-Likes Your Friend’s Instagram Posts“
Similar to the design systems in apps like HootSuite and Buffer, some of the features I wanted this app to have that I think users would want, are:
- Select number of posts to auto-like per day or within a week
- Select number of times in a week to like posts of your friends
- Select the kind of posts you want to like of your friends, by selecting hashtags (example happy posts, thoughtful posts, thought provoking posts political posts, etc.) *although the choices here can be vast, so I need to think this one through
Landing screen –> create account –> add in username, password, confirm password, add email –> connect to social media accounts –> You’re all set -> Go to settings to schedule auto-likes for posts by friends OR keep browsing and manually like posts